|Zions Camp Entrance.|
We are in the process of gathering information regarding the number of people interested in attending. If you have a preference for either a tent site or a communal cabin with up to 16 bunks please let us know. Sometime in the future, we will be requiring reservations and payment to attend. For now, Save the Date and Invite Your Friends and Family! Please leave your comments regarding preferences below this blog post or email Families Supporting Adoption directly at: email@example.com. Below are a few more details...
When: Thursday, September 1st through Monday, September 5th, 2011 (Come anytime, stay as few or as many days as your schedule allows.)
Who is invited: All adoptive applicants, families and friends. (Birth parents are having their own retreat at ZIONS the following weekend).
Cost: It depends a bit on where you choose to sleep. There are cabins and tent sites. We are hoping to be in the same general area (as Zion's Camp is quite large). The cost will likely vary between $7 - $12 a person, per night (with no charge for children under the age of 3). This would include a campsite (or communal cabin) for your family and breakfast with FSA on Saturday morning. The rest of the weekend you will be in charge of your own food and have an open schedule to do as you please and enjoy the facilities. There is running water (flushing toilets, sinks and showers); however, showers cost .50 cents each and can be paid for at the front office.
What is there to do: All of the recreation at ZIONS CAMP is free, and here is a list of some of the fun things they have to offer...
- Canoeing, paddle boats and row boats
- Swimming in the lake
- Large field for sports and a basketball court (bring soccer balls, basketballs, nets etc. or borrow from the front office)
- A HUGE tree house, and play equipment including a ROPE swing and obstacle course
- Fishing (no license required, just bring your own tackle box)
- Archery and horse shoes
- Nature walks
- Frisbee course (bring your own disks, or you can borrow them from the front office)
- There is a Walmart less than 30 minutes away in case you forget something or run out of ice.
- Befair, WA does have an LDS Branch that meets Sunday morning, if you are staying over Sunday and would like more information on that just ask when you check in. All lake activities are closed for the Sabbath as well as the front office.
- You get one arm load of firewood a day for free. Each additional arm load does cost a small amount, but you are welcome to bring your own wood as well.
- If you have any further questions just ask!
Here is a link to their website: Zions Camp's Web Site.