Dear FSA Members,
As we strive to help couples learn ways to make an adoption more likely, we have decided to create a success blog. We would like to post “finding” success stories to motivate and guide couples who want to adopt.
If your “promoting” or “finding” efforts led to an adoption and you are willing to share what you did, please send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the following information:
* Your first names
* Family picture or picture of your child (This is optional. Our blog will not be added to a search engine and it will not be private, so it is up to you to decide if you want to add a family photo.)
* Date of approval for adoption.
* Date of placement
* What you did to promote your family for adoption.
* What you did that led to a connection with your child’s birth mother.
* How you feel about your experience with “finding”.
o If you used an adoption Web site to make the connection to your birth mom, please share the Web site name.
o If you used printed material (pass-along cards, letters, etc.), please consider emailing those to us as well. We are always looking for examples to share with couples. We would like to add more ideas and examples to the familiessupportingadoption.org Web site.
Please limit your information to two short paragraphs. We welcome links to your family blog and Web sites so that couples can email you if they have questions or want to read your whole story.
We are hoping to get the word out about the blog through other FSA blogs and FSA Web sites and networking tools. Our intended audience for this blog is all FSA members who are trying to adopt.
There is nothing like a positive adoption story to give hope to those who are trying to build their family. We have seen many wonderful ideas come from FSA couples. We hope you will take the time to share your success with others!
Brad and Brenda Horrocks
FSA Co-Vice Chairs
FSA National Board