The online Adoption Education Classes (by Adoption Learning Partners) listed below will be required by LDSFS for ALL new adoptive applicants applying after October 1st regardless of if this is a second adoption.
You are welcome to REGISTER NOW:
Total Approximate Total Cost Per Individual = $129
(Which is approximately $258 per couple).
Let’s Talk Adoption 2 credit hours
· Understand why talking about adoption is important to you, your child and family.
· Identify your personal barriers to discussing adoption.
· Recognize how your child’s understanding of adoption changes as he grow.
Open Adoption 101 2 credit hours
· Understand the different degrees of openness.
· Become familiar with the process of creating an open adoption.
· Make openness work for your family.
· Learn to maintain connections with birth families.
The Journey of Attachment 2 credit hours
· Learn to see attachment as a lifelong process.
· Identify factors that affect attachment.
· Recognize signs of attachment.
· Apply strategies to encourage attachment.
Finding the Missing Pieces: Grief and Loss 2 credit hours
· Recognize the signs of grief in adopted children at different developmental stages.
· Identify situations that may trigger grief responses.
· Develop strategies for helping children grieve.
Elective Courses – One (1) elective course is required by LDSFS. You can choose from the classes listed below or may attend a Webinar. (Please select one where a certificate is available).